Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Peak into an Eagle's Nest

I recently discovered this amazing website that lets you take a very close look into a bald eagle's nest.  Seconds before I wrote this, I saw the mother eagle feed her two little baby eagles (one and two days old).  It was awesome!  The camera is set up in a neighboring tree.  It is a live, 24 hour feed.  There is one egg left to hatch.  Check it out here: Duke Farms Eagle Cam.  The Conserve Wildlife Foundation of New Jersey is working with Duke Farms to make sure the birds do not get disturbed by the camera.  So cool!  Check it out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so adorable!

Janna Renee said...

wow! that is such an amazing thing to be able to experience!

Suburban Snow White said...

I LOVE these sites! I teach third grade and every day after lunch the kids would have "quiet time" where I'd just put on a similar bird cam. They watched bald eagle, blue heron, and red tailed hawk nests over a period of three months. They went gaga went the babies hatched from each nest. :)